Serving birthing families in every setting.
- Birth & Postpartum Doula Care & Breastfeeding Support
- Knowledgeable about natural, medicated, and surgical birth
- Comfortable in home settings, birth centers, and hospitals
- Serving Central and Southern Delaware (and nearby MD)
- Passionate, encouraging care ~ "mothering the mother"
- DONA-trained, natural birth/home-birth/midwifery advocacy
- Two trained doulas work as a team to ensure coverage
Does it really make a difference?
(Sometimes known as, "Is it really worth the money?")
Hiring a doula is well worth it - but don't just take it from us. Numerous and reputable clinical studies have found that mothers who are supported by doulas during their labor and delivery enjoy several substantial benefits, including...
- a shorter labor with fewer complications
- reduced maternal requests for pain medications/epidurals
- reduced need for several major interventions, such as Pitocin (a labor-inducing drug), epidural anesthesia, forceps or vacuum- extraction delivery, and cesarean sections (major abdominal surgery)
- increased success breastfeeding
- increased positive feelings surrounding the overall childbirth experience
Pregnancy & birth are our passion, and we're here to help.
Please explore the website, and feel free to get in touch if you'd like to schedule a consultation (or if you'd just like to talk a little bit more about how a doula can support you during your pregnancy, birth, and postpartum experience).
We're certainly looking forward to hearing from you, and we're honored you'd consider BirthRight Doula Care during this most beautiful and sacred time in your life.
Sarah Culver, Perinatal Doula & Midwives' Assistant
Tairen McCollister, Perinatal Doula