Serving birthing families in every setting.
- Birth & Postpartum Doula Care (DONA-trained)
- Certified Rebozo Instructor (The Gena Kirby Method)
- CBI Childbirth Educator in-training
- Dad-Certified Birth Attendant (The Empowered Papa)
- Breastfeeding Support
- Trained Midwives' Assistant
- Knowledgeable about natural, medicated, and surgical birth
- Natural birth, home-birth, water birth experience
- VBAC, planned Cesarean, and medicated birth experience
- Comfortable in home settings, birth centers, and hospitals
- Serving Delaware and nearby Maryland
- Passionate, encouraging care ~ "mothering the mother"
Does it really make a difference?
(Also known as, "Is it really worth the money?")
Hiring a doula is well worth it - but don't just take it from us. Numerous and reputable clinical studies have found that mothers who are supported by doulas during their labor and delivery enjoy several substantial benefits, including...
- a shorter labor with fewer complications
- reduced maternal requests for pain medications/epidurals
- reduced need for several major interventions, such as Pitocin (a labor-inducing drug), epidural anesthesia, forceps or vacuum- extraction delivery, and cesarean sections (major abdominal surgery)
- increased success breastfeeding
- increased positive feelings surrounding the overall childbirth experience
Pregnancy & birth is my passion, and I'm here to help.
Please explore the website, and feel free to get in touch if you'd like to schedule a consultation (or if you'd just like to talk a little bit more about how a doula can support you during your pregnancy, birth, and postpartum experience).
I'm certainly looking forward to hearing from you, and am honored you'd consider BirthRight Doula Care during this most beautiful and powerful time in your life.
Photo Credit: Amanda McCulloch Photography
Sarah Culver, MA, PD
Perinatal Doula, Rebozo Instructor, & Midwives' Assistant